- Information About NRSSHA
- 2020 National Self-Help Conference
- Rural Development 1944-i Regulations
- Section 502 Direct Loan Program Resources
- RD Training Guides
- How to Add Your Organization’s Information to the Spotlight Website
Information About NRSSHA
The National Rural Self-Help Housing Association (NRSSHA) was founded in 1988 to increase the opportunity to share information, training, problem solving, and any other related activity for the mutual benefit of its members. NRSHHA provides a vehicle for nonprofit and local government agencies across the United States, working in the field of rural self-help housing, to work together by:
- The promotion of the Self-Help Housing Program as a viable answer to rural housing needs
- The nationwide coordination and collaboration of rural Self-Help Housing programs
All Self Help grantees are encouraged to become a member of NRSHHA. To become a member, download and fill out this form and include your dues payment. Mail to NRSHHA, P.O. Box 6520, Visalia, CA 93290.
2020 National Self-Help Conference
Our National Self-Help Housing Conference was held in Albuquerque, New Mexico from February 4-6, 2020. Click here for highlights about this event and conference session materials.
Rural Development 1944-i Regulations
The 1944-i contains instructions provided by Rural Development detailing how to conform to Self-Help Housing regulations. Click here to download the 1944-i.
Section 502 Direct Loan Program Resources
Navigate to the Rural Development Single Family Housing Direct Home Loans webpage to view general information.
Where to Find the Worksheet for Computing Income & Max Loan Amount Calculator
On the Direct Loan Application Packagers webpage, scroll down to Resources to find the March 24, 2023 version of the Income Worksheet. Clicking on the worksheet link will download a copy of the form. Save the form on your computer. When you open the downloaded form, click on the red triangle in the top right of each area of the form to view information and guidance about how to fill out the form.
Income Limits Information
Click on a link below to find income limits in your state or area.
RD Training Guides
Click on a link below to download a training guide.
- 502 Loans Guidebook
- 502 Loans Guidebook Application Processing Checklist
- Accounting for Individual Borrower 502 Loan Accounts Handbook
- Acquisition and Owner Occupied Rehab Handbook
- Board of Directors Governance Guide
- Board of Directors Training Guide
- Construction Supervisor Handbook
- Feasibility Handbook
- Financial Management Handbook for Federally Funded Organizations
- Group Coordinator Handbook
- Orientation Handbook
- Pre-Construction Meeting Handbook
- Program Director Handbook
- Rehab Participant Agreement
- Section 523 Technical Assistance Grant Application Handbook
- SHARES Handbook
How to Add Your Organization’s Information to the Spotlight Website
To add your organization to Find a Program Near You or if you want to update your existing information, fill out the appropriate form(s) and submit to your T&MA contractor.
To submit your organization’s stories, news articles, or media, a release form is required for publication.
Find all Grantee Website Forms here.