Information About NRSSHA
The National Rural Self-Help Housing Association (NRSSHA) was founded in 1988 to increase the opportunity to share information, training, problem solving, and any other related activity for the mutual benefit of its members. NRSHHA provides a vehicle for nonprofit and local government agencies across the United States, working in the field of rural self-help housing, to work together by:
- The promotion of the Self-Help Housing Program as a viable answer to rural housing needs
- The nationwide coordination and collaboration of rural Self-Help Housing programs
To become a member of NRSHHA, download and fill out this form and include your dues payment. Mail to NRSHHA, P.O. Box 6520, Visalia, CA 93290.
2020 National Self-Help Conference
Our National Self-Help Housing Conference was held in Albuquerque, New Mexico from February 4-6, 2020. Click here for highlights about this event and conference session materials.
Rural Development 1944-i Regulations
The 1944-i contains instructions provided by Rural Development detailing how to conform to Self-Help Housing regulations. Click here to download the 1944-i.
RD Training Guides
Click on a link below to download a training guide.
- Construction Supervisor Handbook
- Financial Management Handbook for Federally Funded Organizations
- Group Coordinator Handbook
- 502 Loans Guidebook
- Accounting for Individual Borrower 502 Loan Accounts Handbook
- Pre-Construction Meeting Handbook
- Program Director Handbook
- Board of Directors Training Guide
- 502 Loans Guidebook
- 502 Loans Guidebook Application Processing Checklist
- Acquisition and Owner Occupied Rehab Handbook
- Rehab Participant Agreement
- Board of Directors Governance Guide
- Section 523 Technical Assistance Grant Application Handbook
- Feasibility Handbook
How to Add Your Organization’s Information to the Spotlight Website
To add your organization to Find a Program Near You or if you want to update your existing information, fill out the appropriate form(s) and submit to your T&MA contractor.
To submit your organization’s stories, news articles, or media, a release form is required for publication.
Find all Grantee Website Forms here.